Saturday, August 9, 2008

Well. I finally got around to taking an autism test, which a friend sent out several weeks ago. It is a 50 question test designed by Cambridge university to test autism in adults. I scored 13, which they indicate as "average" but very close to the other end of the scale.

It appears that how you score also correlates to your Myers-Briggs personality. My Myers-Briggs results are on the way confusing side. While the "I" (introvert verses extrovert) and usually "J" (judging verses perceiving) are pretty clear, I am split straight down the middle between S (sensing) and N (intuition). Technically, I am supposed to be an N, but I behave a bit more like an "S". However, I do things strong S's struggle to understand. In my personal life, I am more of an F (feeling) but then at work I'm a strong T...and I enjoy having T conversations in my personal life and try to keep the personal life F in check. Sometimes, I like personal life to be a bit less structured (P). While I love closure (J), I can juggle multiple things at the same time (P). I've tested ISTJ, ISFJ, INTJ and INFJ at different times.

So, I'm the Myers-Briggs Chameleon. Go figure. I'd love to find out what other's results are - particularly my family.

No comments: