Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Breakfast in Nashville, right by Vanderbilt's medical campus. Thanks to Bets who found "Provence Bread's & Cafe". This is a fun little college street, remininscent of the main street in Grove City or in West Chester, PA or a North Jersey town like Montvale. Here you find a bookstore (I'm resisting tempation to browse), one or two bars, a music club, some furniture and jewelry shops.

The air is hot and sultry. The my server is generous. He and his wife made the cross-country trip from Texas in a VW van. He even offered me a place to stay. No. I have yet to drive through Memphis and Little Rock today. Expected destination - Oklahoma City. Katie G.'s "Aunt Barbra" is kindly hosting me tonight.

Cheers. Off I go again. 700 miles left for today. Around 1800 left for the trip.

No comments: